The following and attached posts were written over a pain-killer inspired 48-hour period a couple of years ago while recouping from a knee surgery. These post capture some thoughts and ideas that were on my mind in the weeks after my 18-month stint ended as Yelp’s first marketing VP in May 2008. While some ideas already sound dated, others are standing the test of time.
Table of Contents of this site (posts to be read in no particular order):
- Defining “Marketing”
- Endorsement Marketing is the New Marketing
- Endorsement Marketing: What it is.
- Why Endorsements Matter
- Your Product is Your Buzz-Generating Engine
- Acting on Endorsement Marketing
- Igniting User Endorsements
- Igniting Trusted Expert Endorsements
- Art & Science of Marketing
- Marketing and the 4As